ATTENTION! - THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY PARENTS AND COACHES MEETING FOR ALL TEAM PARTICIPATING ATHLETES. TBD
Please check your specific sport for specific game schedule.
What must I do to be eligible to try-out for a school sport?
· Completely complete your Physical Form. The physical form must be signed by the student, parent/guardian, and doctor. Must have proper Physical date: after May 1st of the current year. To obtain a physical form, click on the link below.
· Proper birthdate – May not be 15 years old before September 1st of current year.
· Must have insurance – School system does not provide insurance for injuries during sports.
· Must have completed Concussion Training - Parents and students who have already attended a face-to-face training may take this year’s mandatory concussion training online. Rising 6th grade and 9th grade students and students new to Prince William County Public Schools are not eligible for the Online Training.
· Obtain and Read: Prince William County Activities Guide for Middle School Students and Parents
· Try-outs September 6, 2014 Concussion Dates
Football Monday, August 22, 2016
Girl’s Track Tuesday, November 1, 2016
Boys’ Soccer Thursday, January 19, 2017
Volleyball Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Winter 1 Sports
· Try-outs November 9, 2014 * Note: Start time is at 7:00 PM
Girl’s JV Basketball Please be prompt! If you are unable
Girls’ Varsity Basketball to attend the dates listed above, please
Refer to PWCS Home page for further
Winter 2 Sports school listings.
· Try-outs January 23, 2015
Boys’ Varsity Basketball Note:
Wrestling Cheerleader Try-outs TBD
Step Team and Dance Team Try-outs will be held at the
End of fall season.
· Try-outs March 20, 2015
Boy’s Track and Field
Athletic Coordinator/HPE Dept. Chair
Potomac Middle School
3130 Panther Pride Dr.
Dumfries, VA 22026-2534
Office: 703-221-4996 ext. 222